Saturday, February 27, 2010

saturday night fever

not literally. i am talking about SING. It's the largest off Broadway production in the country. It's 4 1/2 hours of amazing-ness. My sorority, ADPi, has done an amazing job. I have been so blessed to find these incredibly unique, genuine girls. they have helped so much with everything that's going on. So good luck tonight ADPi about finding out about Pigskin!!

Still not sleeping. Didn't get a chance to pick up my prescription and man, was that a bad idea. Luckily, today is Saturday. I did a lot of fading in-and-out sleeping, which is better than nothing. I'm trying a new dose for a couple times and then I'll be switching to yet another medicine. I understand on an intellectual level that this is a trial and error process, but on a physical and realistic level, I'm really really frustrated. I'm tired and can't function. I have tests all the time, and while I thoroughly enjoy being busy, my I'm still adjusting to being in a sorority and balancing time, and it's only going to get busier. This situation needs to change, but I really don't know if it's going to. I'm really looking forward to spring break, in one week, with my parents. We're going to Mexico, to an all inclusive resort. I just want to read and sit on a beach and feel warm. And hopefully not get incredibly sun-burned like i did last year. I went to Mexico last year with my parents and 14 other friends, and this trip is making me miss all of the girls I grew up with. I hate it when songs are right. The whole "you don't know what you got till its gone" thing. I didn't realize how much seeing all of those girls impacted my everyday life. I have magnificent friends at Baylor, but I've known some of these girls for 17 years. This year is all an adjustment I suppose.

Two tests and a paper due this week, finally got the other paper done at like 4:20 that morning. I missed meeting with my Baylor Buddy, a 12 year old at risk middle schooler, again. I've been having trouble with her, she's had an epic attitude change for the worse and I'm not really sure how to handle it. I get incredibly stressed just thinking about it. She's so smart and used to be so sweet, but now I have no clue what's going on and she won't talk to me. I'm going next week for sure to have a serious conversation and let her know that if she doesn't start getting her act together that its upsetting me too much to continue trying to help her. While I feel horrible about that, the truth is, I'm at Baylor to get an education. I want to spend the rest of my life helping people, but I have to get there first.

All of this to say, I'm tired and stressed and ready for spring break. I'm hoping things will improve after that. Until then, I just have to tough it out, i guess. I'm off to get ready to find out ADPi's fate in Sing.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment